Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hahahaha

"I know! I'll dump her like she'd never been dumped before, and then we'll go back to being friends."
-Bart Simpson in today's episode of The Simpsons

Normally, lame-o TV shows don't allow for more than one mention on this blog. However, today's yahoo news headlines caught my eye. No, it wasn't the one with 4,000 wrongly low SAT scores. But The Bachelor headline made me open up the article. Turns out the "perfect" Sarah wasn't so perfect for the doctor. I find this funny only because I was appalled at the finale. In none of the episodes did Travis ever really appear to like Sarah. She was simply comfortable to him. He never looked at her with any passion. And although Moana was a little wonky at first, it was clear she won his heart over. She took a step and started to fall for the guy. He let her. He slyly winked at her (never with Sarah) and seemed genuinely happy with her. She opened up to him. And he truly cared about her. That's why his niece liked Moana better...something I've come to realize over the years is that kids don't listen to people. They see them. His niece saw him happy and saw that Moana did that for him.

Unfortunately, Travis didn't see that. He wanted the safe route. He chose the girl that could articulate her feelings to others. He chose the girl who his parents liked. He chose the girl that threw herself at him...He chose the one that made things easy for him. But, surprisingly (at least it may have been to him), those things didn't end up making him happy.

The break-up article ends with talk of the no-longer couple's future. "And we both agree and know that we'll be friends forever," Sarah said. That's when I laughed. She must have been the one that dumped him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

was so glad he didn't pick moana - she drove me crazy. if i had to listen to her cry one more time...

Michelle said...

Ok, I didn't watch the Bachelor nor would I ever after the whole Trista/Ryan bullshit but I thought you brought up an excellent point that for men the safe, simple girl is always what they choose.

It is like the Way We Were...Barbara Streisand is Katie the difficult, political, speaks her mind woman and Redford finds out that it is just too hard and would rather be with the simple, plain girl in the end.

It is such a shame that men are taught and continue to like what is easy instead of what is real.

jaynar said...

I pretty much hated her until the last couple of weeks. But part of me feels like Moana's my soul mate. Not like who I'm supposed to be with (or anything that stalkerish), but who is another part of me. I saw a lot of myself in her.

And, I find it no coincidence that we're both Sagitarrius'. Or is it Sagitarriui?