Monday, January 09, 2006

Performance Space

I'm still in shock. I have seen two of the best performances in years over the last two days. First off, who would've known that a Housewife could be such a convincing transexual? Felicity Huffman was amazing, and the story was just as intriguing. Transamerica made me question my own beliefs about gender identity, and I like a good challenge.

Today's movie was Brokeback Mountain. I fell in love with Heath Ledger when I saw 10 Things I Hate About You during high school. I love him even more after this movie. I couldn't take my eyes off him the whole time. There was something in his expressions that made me believe him and made me hurt. It was a beautifully written love story...and I have to admit that it captured the pain and insecurities that almost all relationships have -- which is something most movies can't do these days.

Ah, good job, Hollywood. Now. I need to sleep and dream about Heath.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Those are two of the best movies that I have seen this year...and to have seen them in Detroit is amazing in itself!