A surprise Christmas gift this year was an iPod Nano. I'm having oodles of fun playing with it. However, as I uploaded music to it yesterday, I was faced with a dilemma. What would be the first song I would purchase from iTunes for the new gadget?
This was an important decision. Why? I remember listening to records when I was a wee child, so I remember what my first cassette was: Michael Jackson's Bad. Years later I moved into the techno-advanced world and bought my first CD: PM Dawn (didn't they only have one album?). So, I know years from now I would remember the day and the song. I could possibly smile at the classicness of choice (like I do with Michael Jackson) or cringe at the thought of how pop-ified I was (like I do with PM Dawn). Alas, I gave into my pop-wannabe side. My first iTunes purchase was Pussycat Dolls' Stickwitu. Well, it could be a classic some day. Maybe.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I got a mini last year and I bought Justin a video this Christmas so we are just apple everywhere in our yuppy household. My first song purchased on iTunes was Green Day American Idiot...so appropriate for me. Followed by Alicia Keys Fallin. The great part about your iPod is that you can keep all your purchased music in the order you bought it in whenever you want so you can always remember what the first song was. I know I am a nerd...leave me alone.
PM Dawn actually had 4 albums, and a greatest hits album. Ahh, Set Adrift On Memory Bliss. Classic. My first song was Airplanes by A.F.I.
Cool! I downloaded that Pussycat Dolls song as well. It's catchy. My first cassette of my own was Paula Abdul, my first CD was Ace of Base and Aerosmith. I have no idea what the first song I downloaded was. I got my first mp3 player in '99, so it was probably Britney Spears.
p.s. Good gift!!!
since we're all sharing first CDs: Wilson Phillips, baby, yeah!
Ooh! This was fun reading everyone's firsts!
Post a Comment