Halloween may actually be my least favorite holiday. At least with Memorial Day, you get a day off work. President's Day? It's actually like three holidays rolled up into one. Halloween, though, brings me absolutely no joy as adult. Because as an adult, females use it as an excuse to whore themselves out. It is the sluttiest day of the year, and I have to witness it.
The sluttiest I ever was for Halloween was the year I went as a punk rocker. I wore my black leotard, spray glittered my hair, yanked my strands into a side ponytail, and then placed my leg-warmered legs into hightops. Granted I had a good time that year. But I was in third grade, and most of my trick-or-treating happened at the Baptist Home (a retirement complex), where I got one piece of candy for every formaldehyde-smelling door I knocked on.
But as adults, guys dress up in whatever they want for the holiday, but the majority of girls try to pick out a costume that is cleavalicious and show as much leg as possible. Now, I'm not saying that showing skin is necessarily a bad thing (those who knew me in college witnessed quite a few Hollister tiny skirts), but I hate how these wanna-be hoochies turn a holiday into a time of whoring. If girls want to draw attention to their bodies, there are 364 more days of the year to do this, but Halloween is supposed to be a time to honor the dead and the spirits -- you're supposed to dress up like ghouls and goblins, or at least something funny like Canteen Boy.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen.
I didn't even really like it as a kid.
i'd like to point out that those who seem to whore themselves out the most are the overly conservative girls who wear cardigan sets the other 364 days. it seems to be the one day a year that allows them to express their repressed desire to be noticed as the hottest girl on the block. i mean, there is a problem when the girls who dress up as brittney spears actually make her appear modest. and my personal favorite from years past - a friend who went as eve: bra and underwear with leaves pinned on.
Justin and I are going as the bricklayer and a brickhouse...I think or Napoleon and Pedro. Haven't quite figured it out yet. Maybe I will just go as someone who hasn't been to the gym in ages and can't whore herself out. Good costume, huh?
Ha ha, you got to live with three slutty private school girls one halloween. No but other than that year, I'm usually a prude scientist (Deja Vu), karate person, or ugly housewife in robe, rollers and slippers. The only year I was slutty was that one with you, Alicia and Jessi (TP's).
I was a slutty/naughty nun. But then again, i'm just slutty.
I still have that picture in my room here, An. And that was the only year I was remotely sexy as well. Didn't we karaoke, too?
But you see, Danielle, you're not afraid of being sexy the other 364 days of the year...it's the high-collared, high-brow lassies who pretend they're too good to show skin any other day but still dress up like "a sexy lingerie model" that bug me. And, well, a slutty nun still has its humorous/ironic side. Although I did want to be a nun when I was younger. I was crushed to find out only Catholics were nuns.
Post a Comment