Monday, October 31, 2005

All I Want for Halloween Is You

Although I've ranted about Halloween, I have to say that it does elicit fond memories of my freshman-year roommate. Although the two of us never got into an argument or fight (which happened with her next three roommates), freshman year was rarely pleasant in our abode. The one good memory I have is Halloween:

Roommate and I both stayed in for the holiday and were working on things in the room. Deciding to be anti-Halloween, we started listening to Mariah Carey's Christmas CD. We opened the door and blared it throughout Donnelly Hall. Everyone else thought we were crazy. (We probably were) But to this day, it doesn't feel like Halloween unless I hear "All I Want for Christmas Is You."

Today, Mariah's Christmas album was my CD of choice at work. To really kick off Halloween, though, I watched Love Actually (it has the song in it) last night. Nothin' says Halloween like Christmas a la British humor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so i gave a guy i was dating in high school that cd - totally a la dork.

so love that movie though. :)

Thoroughly Amused said...

Definitely a good movie. Not so sure about the CD though.

Anonymous said...

ew i hate mariah. always have. always will. but i love jayna and am excited to see her soon! xo, Smithers

Michelle said...

I have a found affection for God only Knows by the Beach Boys and I think part of me watches that movie to hear that song at the end. Definitely something that will be played at my wedding (if there ever is one!)

Anonymous said...

Cast out thy crone, shapest thou on the redded gruel of old. Blood and beast be fated for you. Nar.