Monday, September 26, 2005

Where'd That Come From?

I went home to AV. I lay on a coach. I put a towel underneath me. I felt some rumbling in my tummy. Then I gave birth.

It was a bizarre dream that I had last night. I remembered in my dream holding the baby to my chest and explaining to my mother that really, I hadn't had sex with anyone in January. This was impossible. Oddly, she didn't care. In my dream, she was just excited to have a grandchild (which I think would be her probable reaction with her recent bout with MS).

Today at work I looked up what it meant to have a dream about giving birth. One bogus site told me that it meant an acting out of my desires or fears and that good news was to follow. I'm not one to think that dreams are predictors, so I kept looking. Another site told me that myself giving birth is a sign of a new idea or new project. It's a symbol of a fresh start. I suppose this whole career-change-thing is quite a fresh start. That's obviously what it meant. Right?

Oddly enough, though, the burning memory of my dream was the fact that the pregnancy didn't cause me to gain weight. I remembered marveling aloud how childbirth hadn't affected my belly or hips and saying "That's what happens when you have them young!" Good to know I'm vain even in my dreams.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

At first when I read the post I can't say I was exactly sure where you were going with all this...I always dream about Justin cheating on me. What does that say?

Anonymous said...

that's awesome jayna! hahaha xo, Tina

Anonymous said...

I am incredibly paranoid about getting fat during pregnancy. Jared's sister in law gave birth three weeks ago and I saw her saturday. She was soooooooo skinny! You would have never guessed that she just had a 10 lb. baby in her. It's her second child and she's 33. It gave me hope. Maybe I can give pregnancy a go in the future. Man am I vain.