Sunday, September 25, 2005

Jeff Was a Whimp

This week, a few MU friends living in the OC came up to visit. Because our other friend didn't get here until nearly 10, we took a while making it out to the Hermosa Pier. We made our way to Sharkeez, which RJ described by saying "I feel like I'm in college again."

Four beers later, and the clock having struck midnight a time back, I made my way back home. When I got to work 10 minutes early the next day, I couldn't help but think of Jeff, my "boss" from my summer interning for a certain New York baseball team. He was 25 at the time, and he would often laugh at me when I relayed my tales of previous nights. He once went out in the middle of the week with his friends to Off the Wagon and came dragging in the next day and could do nothing. He said it was because he'd gotten too old for that.

Now, not that I plan on having Sharkeez all the time mid-week, but really, it was doable. Two Tylenol the next morning and I was good as new. But I did have a lot of pictures to erase from my camera. For some reason I thought all the grinding people were doing was funny. And I took pictures. Guess I'm getting too whimpy for that.

Here's the only picture that's decent:

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh the good ole days. I was just telling Justin that I used to go out every night when I lived in DC and Boston. What happened to me? Oh I know...I became suburbanized. KILL ME NOW!