$2.75. That's what my lunch cost me today. Good thing, too, because once again I forgot to check my balance and overdrew earlier this week. Nuts. At least my savings account is with WAMU as well.
But back to lunch. For $2.75 at a lovely establishment known as "Homer's," which is 1/2-block from my apartment, you can get two "sliders" (mini-burgers) and curly fries. Passing the sign daily, I decided to take them up on it. Since I pretend I'm a vegeterian, meat fills me up pretty quickly. I couldn't even get through the second one. I can't wait to go back. The burgers were OK, but I'm most stoked about the deal. And the size reminded me of great college times. Back in CoMo, Booches had the small burgers, but they were way greasier (greasy=good). That's where I went with my pal Nina and her folks. I haven't seen Naked, Nympho Nina for two years now (darn Peace Corps), though. My 1 1/2 mini-burgers also reminded me of college Sundays -- 1/2-price burger bar at Boone Tavern. Ah, a de-frosted cajun burger, beer and journalism buds.
Pause . . . take a moment of silence to remember your college eating memories . . .
Four hours later, I'm still excited about my lunch. Who can beat $2.75 for burgers, fries and a plate full o' college memories?
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, college eating. I have eaten many more greasy meals with Tim Leong than I care to remember.
mmmmm.... a steal of a deal.
Post a Comment