Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend Rewind

After Friday night's party/karaoke/breakfast, the rest of the weekend kept up with great fun. Saturday, I went with a visiting LA friend to see his friends perform in Brooklyn. Who would have ever thought of covering Air Supply's music in a metal manner? Hair Supply was Hairlarious. (If you're too lazy to visit their site, at least listen to them here.) After that came the headliners, Mr. Brownstone--a Guns 'n Roses cover band. They made me realize how much I loved listening to Q106 growing up--back when I would make mixed tapes by pressing "record" and "play" at the same time during song breaks, hoping a good song would be coming up.

Wedding Crashers was a Sunday break from writing. Everyone must watch this movie. It should get an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. Vince Vaughn could be my new favorite actor. AND it has a great movie montage.

Woohoo for weekend entertainment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoaaaa...flashback! i totally forgot about those days i would listen to Mix 107.3 with my blank cassette in the slot, waiting for a hot song to come on so I could simultaneously press "play" and "record." def flashback! xo, Tina

Amy F. said...

That WAS a good movie! I was so surprised! The ending was too sappy, though, and the last 40 minutes could've been cut in half.

CRAB CAKES AND FOOTBALL! THAT'S WHAT MARYLAND DOES BEST!