Do you ever get confused about life? Sometimes I feel like everyone else has their lives figured out...or that you're just not thinking about it as much as I do.
It's not that I want to ponder the meaning of life (and mine in particular) all the time. I just can't help but feel that if I don't think about it, then I'll wake up one day and be old, poor, single (save one pitiful cat I'll probably rescue from the throes of death), and in a job I never loved. And that scares me more than being young, poor, single, and still wondering if there will ever be a job I love. So, I sit and consider everything I should be doing to not be these things in 15 years. And I've no idea where to start.
And sometimes my confusion is almost as bad as feeling as though I'm the only one confused.
Friday, February 02, 2007
Am I Alone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jayna, I love you princess. Sometimes I feel crazy, and then I read your blog and realize...you're nuts, too. hahahaha kidding. I realize that I'm normal...Yes, I feel like this about 4 out of 7 days in any given week. I'm afraid of being single, too. I haven't had a bonafide BF in...5 years? And it's really starting to hit me that I'm sort of all I have, does that make sense? Like friends are always coming and going, and people and things are prone to let you down, etc. which is life I suppose...can you relate? Or am I really nuts? You can email me privately if this is too deep hehe. Smooches.
Well, I guess we're the only ones, my friend. And I'm e-mailing you right now!
You're not the only ones. Everyone feels like you do at some point, to varying degrees.
Chances are that if you had what you think you want, you'd be pondering how the heck you got into such a situation, and what you had to do be make sure you weren't still doing what "society" says you should be doing 15 years from now.
Humans are rarely satisfied with their lives, but sometimes, people give up and settle for mediocrity.
Seems you won't, and that's a good thing. You'll sort it all out eventually, just don't let it get sorted out for you.
That's the 2 cents of some Canadian dude that happened by your blog, through no fault of his own.
--
Post a Comment