If you were crowned Miss America, how would you spend your reign?
Well, I would have to say, there are three things that are extremely important to me that I would work for. The first thing I would do is go and speak with CMT to ensure that the next year's Miss America pageant is shown live across the United States. I find it appalling that the West Coast not only has continuously suffered from delayed taped recordings, but this past year, those hard-working West Coasters also were misled about the starting time of the pageant; some, therefore missed the entire first hour. It really is quite unfortunate and something that I feel can easily be changed with the proper awareness.
Also, I would ensure that when a young 80s teenage heartthrob passes away, every major news outlet includes this in nightly newscasts. Immediately after the 2007 pageant, it came to my attention that my childhood infatuation, Jonathon Brandis committed suicide at the young age of 27. Although the event was tragic in and of itself, I was even more horrified at the fact that it took me three and a half years to find out the truth. We as pop culture consumers must demand that media produce news stories of stars, both past and present.
Finally, I would do everything in my power to be an example of the academic brilliance required to be in the Miss America pageant. Truly a scholarship competition, I would prove that the interview portion is one of the major components to a contestant's success. When Miss Oklahoma won in 2007, I supported her success, but I knew that I could definitely improve the Miss America image. Miss America has dreams other than just growing three inches to look better in a bikini, and I would make sure that the world and America knew that I was more than just a pageant princess.
And while doing those three things, I believe my reign as Miss America would be a fruitful one.
Insert large smile here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment