Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thinking About It...Dating That Is...

So, I've come to the conclusion (in the last 24 hours), that I should be dating right now. I know I'm very anti-dating, but well, I don't always like going to the gym, either...but I still do that (OK, sometimes) because I know I should.

But I've got two legitimate reasons to put myself out there on the dating scene:
1. After telling some of my recent tales to a friend, she told me I needed to write a dating column. "What??? But I don't date...I hate it!" Which, she told me, was exactly why it would be so much fun and different than the others out there. I kind of think she's right...and I could use a little fodder for my writing...
2. I had a (happily) married person in her 30s today tell me that I should be living up my 20s. She said I should take advantage of the fact that I CAN go out and I CAN date. I won't be able to do those things when I'm married...so, I should start dating like crazy now. My 20s shall be my Mardi Gras before the Ash Wednesday of marriage. That's my new vow.

Now...just where am I going to find these guys? Well, that's been a bit harder to figure out these past few hours. See, I've got a close guy friend who I can't decipher what feelings I have for him. I can see myself marrying this guy in a few years...but I can't see myself dating him right now. I've also recently developed a crush on a balding Kiwi -- don't know when I'll see him next, though. Then, there's a couple of guys that I've met that are SO not who I should be dating -- a 21-year-old with an affection for pot and video games and a male model with a motorcycle who lives on a boat -- but I actually have crushes on them...and at this point, crushes are at least a step in the right direction. Right?

3 comments:

E said...

Go after Lance Armstrong. He's available, and always seems to be in LA.

Michelle said...

First of all, you are supposed to be dating all the wrong guys. I dated a street cop from Brooklyn, a congressman's son and a guy from Wales while I was in DC and those where the best days of my life. Why? Because they were fun to make out with I knew I wasn't going to marry them and they make me now appreciate Justin so much more.

Trust me when I tell you to just go for it and boy will I love to hear your take on the story. It should be hilarious!

jaynar said...

Well, Lance does like us Missouri girls...

And on that note...I'm officially open for dating all the wrong guys.

If you know of any, send them my way. Otherwise, I'll go trolling for them in all the wrong places.