Friday, May 19, 2006

Mo Day and Week

Because I was only home for a day and a half at Christmas, I'd been itching to get back to Missouri. Using my frequent-flier miles, I was able to do just that...and decided to go home in May -- which coincidentally was the same time as Mother's Day and my sister's birthday.

Going home for the annual maternal holiday made me acutely aware that I couldn't get my mom flowers this year (as I had for every year since high school graduation). What to do? I forced the whole family to go to the (only) local photo studio, and we had family portraits made -- the first time in at least a decade, maybe a decade and a half. My mom and grandma seemed to really like their gifts.

And the best part is that come Mother's Day next year, they'll have a picture of me, so they can pretend I'm home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um... you were in missouri without my knowledge? not cool, my favorite asian. not cool at all.