Super excited. I was cleaning my room and in the process, I had to clean out my planner/address book. In one pocket I found the DVD I'd been looking for since my hard drive was wiped clean. This DVD has all the photos and documents I'd created prior to May 2005. When my hard drive was abolished, I was most sad that I'd lost "My 50 Life Goals" list. Obviously, that was the first thing I opened. This is the third time I've updated it since I created the list in December 2003.
I actually only have 45 items on the list...I wanted to leave space to add more. Since Feb. 2005, I was able to cross off four more items. So, out of 45 goals, I've actually accomplished 15. That's a pretty good number for two years worth of goal-seeking...however, looking at this list, there are some...
Major Surprises (or ones I'd forgotten were ever a life goal for me):
19. Get married
28. Work in Australia
34. Pay off all my student debt by 2010
38. Go to Thailand
I no longer want to do:
8. Write a book of poetry
25. Finish NY scrapbook
32. Run a marathon
36. Learn how to oil paint
That I didn't even realize I'm working on doing at some point in the near future:
5. Be published in Los Angeles magazine (no, no assignments, just racking my brain for pitches after meeting an assigning editor)
17. Go to South Korea
23. Learn how to play the guitar
That I think are pretty feasible and won't take much:
18. Visit Florida
26. Drive up the coast of California
37. Learn how to make the perfect salsa
45. Go skydiving
So, I've got space for five more...well, nine if I take off the ones I no longer want to do. Hmmm...nine more goals...what to add, what to add?
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can get you in touch with the person that already knows how to make the perfect salsa.
46. Swim naked in a pile of mashed potatoes. Hahahahaha soo funny. And gross. Ew. I'm sorry I said that. -Tina
I think you want to watch Mizzou play in a Final Four...that truely is a life goal! If it is 2008 you can come back to the D and watch it here with me.
Post a Comment