Thursday, December 08, 2005

Three Days Too Late

I realize the big 2-5 was Monday, but I had to post something about my birthday. It's been a great week because of it.

The night before was a great small group of friends from MU and one from my internship in NYC. The next morning started off pretty terrible, though...waking up in some strange guy's bed (don't be alarmed...I'm just joking a bit; I was staying at my friend's, and her roomie let me sleep in his bed while he was gone). Then, I fell (for my second time in four days) at the Broadway Junction stop in Brooklyn while I was attempting to change trains.

But once I got home, it was near perfect. I landed in LA to 70-degree weather. After dropping off my things, I went for a jog along the beach. As I ran past a lifeguard tower, I recalled that at that time the previous day I'd been ice skating in NYC's Bryant Park. "Ah, I've got a good life goin' here," I thought to myself.

Then, I came home and watched a bit of late-afternoon TV. After that, I went to dinner with nine others. It was an eclectic group, and I had fretted for days over whether or not they would get along or find anything to talk about. It seemed to go well, though. Nobody stormed away from the table. It was just plain good company...and that's not even counting the couple of phone calls, e-mail cards and real cards I was greeted with that day. All served to remind me of all the wonderful people in my life.

Falling asleep Monday night, I thought to myself again, "Ah, I've got a good life goin' here."

3 comments:

danielle said...

So sorry I couldn't make it out to celebrate in NYC with ya, missy! I'll make it up.

jaynar said...

Thanks, girls!!!

Anonymous said...

if you were just a bit closer we SO would've gone to mcd's to celebrate!