Saturday, October 22, 2005

Interesting Job Information

As those in the magazine business know, magazines come and go, and folding is quite commonplace. Yesterday, I found out about one recent closure at my new company: Death Row. Yes, a magazine for people on death row. It kept mugshots of all those (a spread, if you will, of these images) and told their stories.

I don't know exactly what happened to it, but I have my theories. Yes, it was a captive audience, but getting advertisers probably wasn't the easiest. (These folk probably didn't have a large disposable income) And, well, keeping loyal subcribers for many years didn't happen. Especially in Texas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheer craziness! there's officially a mag for everything... xo, Tina

Michelle said...

That was the funniest thing I read this morning! It reminds me of airplane when the nun is reading Nun's World magazine. What a great movie by the way...

Anonymous said...

absolutely hysterical!