Although New York was wonderful and the Bahamas are well, the Bahamas, I am uber-excited to be back in LA. As Katrina brewed overhead a few days ago, I came up with the reasons why I can't want to get back to SoCal.
1. Eat at Chano's. I need good Mexican food. Now!
2. Find a job. It's been plaguing me for weeks. I don't recall another time in my life when I've been this stressed about me and the working world.
3. Go to church. I tried a church in NYC, but I miss going to Bel Air.
4. See the Bulgarian. He was good in reality. After eight weeks away, has he become better as an idea person?
5. Have pleasant predictable weather. I never thought I'd appreciate dry heat quite so much.
6. Go surfing. I better put my boards to use! Without a job, I might as well work on a hobby.
7. Not live out of suitcases. I miss having a closet and drawers. And a washer and dryer.
8. Go to the John (Cougar) Mellencamp concert. I've been looking forward to this concert for months. I relate so much to this guy. I grew up in a small town, too!
9. Sort through all my mail. I know this sounds lame, but I truly like getting real mail. And I know there are at least some checks in there. Yippee!
10. Sleep in my own bed. Or the Bulgarians. Kidding! But really, I just want a bed that has real sheets and is bigger than the one I had to sleep on during my first year of college. After having a full-sized bed, one should never EVER have to sleep on a twin again. (The twin bed was in NYC . . . )
So there you have it. Ten reasons I can't wait to de-board at LAX. Granted, some of them aren't SoCal specific, but still yet, I am eager to get back. I'm just hoping Katrina stays away enough so that I can do some watersports today and fly home tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If you moved to New York you could:
1. Eat at Charritos in Hoboken. Hob actually has some nice Mexican.
2. Find a job probably EASIER.
3. There are a trillion churches here.
4. Meet Bulgarians, and Asians, Latinos, Australians, Irish, etc.
5. The weather does suck, I know!
6. Surf in the Atlantic.
7. You wouldn't have suitcase, b/c you'd have an apt.
8. I can take you to concerts for free!
9. See #7.
10. See #7.
So I'm not buyin' it Jayna. All but number 5 can happen here. And I don't want to offend your LA buddies, but they know why you're so loveable! Can't hurt to fight for ya! hahaha Truthfully I was bored at work and I love making Top 10 lists. :) xo, Tina
and if i had your real address, i could so send you some real mail! *hint, hint*
After three days, seven out of 10 ain't bad. Betcha can't guess which three I still have to do . . .
You got two out of three, mychy . . .
Hopefully we'll get to catch up and I can give you the down low on everything. Let me know if you want to get together for lunch or surfing--since I'm jobless I can meet during the day, too!
But next Wednesday sounds good . . . I'll start calling the others soon.
Post a Comment