Monday, July 11, 2005

Good Cop/Bad Cop

I really hate LAPD. I have my bazillionth traffic ticket that must be paid off by tomorrow, if I don't appear in court. Well, I can't fly back to appear in court, and I've been trying to pay it for a while now. The idiots can't figure out how to type. For some reason my license and birthdate aren't correlating to any citation at the court website (which I now have memorized). Last time that happened, the web picked it up a few days before my due date.

However, it's due tomorrow at 9:30 a.m., which correlates with my work time. I tried again to locate it today. I called the house in CA to get the ticket number. I logged back onto the website. I called the handy-dandy number. nada. You would think the internet and phone system would be helpful in finding the ticket. It's not. I feel like this is my karma for being a little bit of a know-it-all to the jerkface cop. But, now I'm just hoping that someone answers the darn phone tomorrow at the courthouse -- that is if I can talk my boss into letting me get out of lunch duty to call. Grrr.

Why can't LA cops be more like NY cops -- friendly, gregarious, buy my drinks. I think LA cops feel more important because they have vehicles, even if they're only scooters.

Actually, though, it would be kind of fun to go to prison when I get back to California. I'm sure it would make a great blog. And, I wouldn't feel so bad for being unemployed when I return, either.

4 comments:

jaynar said...

JRey-You did. Thanks. You're always taking care of me. Even 3000 miles away!

ABC said...

This is when you ask your law school friends for legal advice =) =)

ACTUALLY REQUIRED DISCLAIMER: I am not licensed to practice law in the State of California. Yeah, no shit!

divinspiration said...

Yes, prisoners have internet access in jail. TRUST ME! ;)

Well, Jayna, if you had Tammy with you, you wouldn't have received a ticket. Tammy almost killed a cop while running a stop sign and not wearing a seatbelt. Once he saw her, he let her go. Really.

Don't worry about anything. If they can't correlate the DOB and address, they certainly can't keep a national database of minor traffic violations. Plus, if anything does happen, just look at the cop, smile, cover your mouth with your hands and giggle, "Me no speekee Ingleesh."

Tell us more about these cops who buy you drinks. Photos?

jaynar said...

No photos, CC . . . last time I was here a friend and I were randomly invited to some cops bachelor party. It was his whole precinct there and an open bar. Good times.