Sunday, January 21, 2007

Super Mistake Bros.

I have a pretty good memory. And as part of good manners, I like to use it. I'll buy you an Elvis water globe if I remember you liked him; I'll recall what you used to look like, so I can compliment you on your new haircut or on the weight you lost; and I'll use your name in greetings, even if I've only met you a couple of times.

Last night, I was pulling out all the good manners I could. I had to; I was at a wedding. So when the groom's boss came up to invite me and my friends to the bar where he'd reserved the VIP area, I wanted to be sure to use his name in my first interaction with him of the weekend. I responded with a, "Thanks, Mario!" He smiled but gave me a bit of an odd look.

After dinner, we were walking to the cab line, and I realized the boss' name isn't Mario. Nope. It's definitely Luigi.

Photos of the wedding to come...

No comments: