Right before I left, my roommates were attempting to put together and install the new Verizon wireless hub. I quickly left the room and busied myself in the kitchen. I laughed as I told them working with them on that as they read the instructions would stress me out. They agreed that neither of them were stressed and went about plodding through the various steps.
Today I found out that I was right. I would have been stressed. As part of the Harlem RBI program we took a personality test to determine how we will best work with the two college interns who will help out in our classrooms. There were four personalities: expressive, analytical, amiable and driving. I'm a "driver." I was the only driver of the 13 teachers. According to the handy-dandy sheet, I like to work by myself; I hide emotions; I try to approach things in a business-like way; I do not delegate responsibility; I avoid emotional confrontations; I dismiss others who feel emotions; I am goal-oriented; I make sure things get done; I want things to be done in what I perceive to be a timely manner; I listen to know when it's my turn to talk, etc.
Even thinking about the roommates working on the Verizon project makes me a little jittery. I think I'll go write down my goals for my time in NY now. Just kidding. I think.
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Icebreakers. I hate when people make me participate, but I love making my students do them. I hated the whole touchy-feely res life thing too. Well, Jayna, you certainly are the driver. You are independent, strong, honest, and hardworking. It's no surprise nobody else was - you are special! Hope you are enjoying yourself.
i'm such a driver, too! maybe that's why sab was so frustrating?? hmmmmm.
Post a Comment