Thursday, June 16, 2005

New York? Not Soon Enough

Why I can't wait to spend my summer in NYC:
-see all those East Coasters
-see all those West Coasters and Midwesterners who want to "visit me" (i.e. have an excuse to stay in New York) there
-ride the Staten Island Ferry
-not have earthquakes I mistake for a jackhammer or an old, rumbling air conditioner
-not hear firecrackers I mistake for gun shootings
-eat at Columbia Cottage
-eat in Little Italy
-hopefully make my way back into journalism
-guys who buy drinks (but don't mind when you return the favor)
-public transportation
-meet lots more people to add to my Friendster contacts

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

Hey! I am visiting you in New York, no quotation marks!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there in two days! Hey, we HAVE to meet up. I'm driving to Kansas City to fly to New York just to see you and Suba. I can't believe I'm going there by myself! I'm really excited! See you soon girlie. Hey, maybe we can meet up with those crazy hot asians hong and bong.