Monday, June 20, 2005

International Woman of Mystery

I hate telling stories about myself. I especially hate telling personal stories that don't have an ending yet. Thus, I don't like saying I've applied for a job until I get it. I don't like telling people I'm planning a trip until after it's over. I hate that it may not happen, then I'll seem like a failure.

Which is probably why I hate discussing "personal" issues. Being the ego-centric beast I am, I will say that there are few things I've tried in life that I'm not good at. I have a quick learning curve, and my skills are usually swell enough that it's OK that they don't develop much past that. Except at relationships. It's something I may attempt that I won't succeed at. I may suck as a girlfriend. I may get rejected. Jaynar does not suck (no pun intended). Jaynar does not get rejected. So, the learning curve is once again quick, but skills don't get better later. This is why I "lose interest" in guys after three weeks (or usually less).

But in an interest of making the lunch club happy, I will try to divulge more information about myself and my weekend. Saturday was the night we went to the Sunset Strip. After Friday's blogfest, I felt I needed to once again search for dateables. Once arriving at the Standard I texted Ms. O for a challenge. Knowing me well enough but being herself, she gave me a challenge (albeit one that is not a "measurable goal"). I was instructed to find the butter of LA. The City of Angels is full of "the margarine" she said -- the fake stuff that isn't good for you. So, searching for the buttah on the Sunset Strip, I sought out an indy-rocker as recommended. Finding those (two) indy-rockers to be perusing the meat market, I kept looking. (Thinking about ending the blog now and in pain, but will continue) I danced and talked with a nice little Bulgarian dude. I liked him. He took my number. Now? If we do go out, it ends too quickly for any good stories. Or we never go out.

It's like applying for a job and waiting to hear from the HR department. Either they hire someone else and never call, or you go and meet them and are temporarily hired but then realize you never wanted that job in the first place. Then, when you quit, others tell you that you should just be happy to have a job and you should have kept it until you found another.

2 comments:

jaynar said...

Um, yeah. Vulnerable is what I hate. Vulnerable is my most painful emotion.

divinspiration said...

I admire you, Jayna. You are my hero. I'd love to see you change a tire in a pink skirt. I also love your philosophy of things, like not telling people about leaving your job until you have a definite yes (I learned the hard way - heh, heh.) Well talk to you soon!