Five years later . . . I finally saw the first Cameron/Drew/Lucy version of Charlie's Angels. Too lazy to rent it, I caught the edited version that was on ABC's Thursday night movie slot yesterday. Halfway through the movie, I was upset at myself for having let this jem pass me by during my college years. I'd always been told I would like it . . . and they were right. I did.
Throughout the movie, I was forced to think of my (Asian) friend's boyfriend. He always told her that Lucy was obviously the best looking of the Angels. My friend and I just attributed it to our assumption that he has an Asian fetish. I mean, come on, how could the Ally McBeal sidekick be better looking than Justin Timberlake's girl? But as I was drawn into the movie, I had to agree. Lucy was hot! She definitely was cast into the more sexpot of a role. I couldn't believe I actually agreed with the Whiz Kid. (But I still think said friend's boyfriend has an Asian fetish)
Now it wasn't just the casting that I LOVED; the action was great and the comedy was even better. It made me get up and dance like an idiot. Maybe I also liked it because these gorgeous women were taking charge and could do everything. Me? I like to think I'm that kind of gal, but I must face reality. I am no action hero. Heck, I don't even change my own tire when I run over a curb. Instead, I take it into Ford and ponder over whether the married men there are truly good looking or just better looking because they're handier than most of the sissy boys I encounter in LA.
Which brings me to my favorite quote from the movie: "Do you know how hard it is to find a quality man in LA???"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! I don't know how I made it through the whole school year without visiting my favorite LA Mizzou alums. Oh, wait, all our sports teams suck and I didn't want to suffer through the watch parties. I'm back in WI for the summer, but now I live 3 blocks away from the main gate of LMU in Westchester so I'd better see y'all in August!
--J-DUB--
Post a Comment